High School Parents Seminar (45 to 60 minutes):
Theme: Power, Responsibility, and Consequences
Objectives of the seminar:
- Provide an overview of the safety issues facing primary aged students
- Inform parents of the programs being brought to their students school
- Assist parents and teachers in ways to educate/monitor their students safety
- This is a no wag, no nag approach. Turning students off doesn’t elicit a change in behavior. We talk of the positive approaches.
What to expect at the seminar:
- Will focus on identifying the myriad problems
- Will present statistics, putting the problems in perspective regarding the level of urgency
- General program will present information that can assist parents in making the High School time safe and secure – displays illustrating the problems and solutions are presented. Time is allocated for parental give and take that makes this program interactive as well as informative. Innovative ideas that are being used by schools throughout the nation are presented and discussed – from drive a teen programs used locally to student run activities that channels student energy in a positive direction. Excellent ideas for use by parents as intervention are discussed.
- The Crash Prevention Network – NC’s Educational Bus activities are discussed and on request, the bus will actually be at the school for parents to tour (see our menu bar that talks about what is on the bus)
CPN-NC NOTE: Image in this drop down presentation have been taken from the actual programs being brought to schools and can serve as a sample of what the program consists of